Are you confused with ingredients like kale, quinoa, brown rice and turmeric? Learn how and turn your kitchen into your new best friend. We will not only talk about what you should eat, but more importantly WHY. Think of all the money you will save when you quit grabbing take-out and learn to make your favorite foods in the comfort of your own home. I will teach you how to make simple, fast and most important HEALTHY meals based on your skill level and dietary needs.
After School Cooking Classes
Twelve Class Program
Hands-on cooking and nutrition education curriculum for young chefs ages 10 through 16. The Food Adventurer's Cooking Classes introduce youth to the pleasures of preparing and enjoying "real food" that is both nutritious and delicious. Young Chefs focus on one or two cooking methods that they will apply to different foods. In After school classes we make one to two recipes. Saturday classes we prep and cook whole meals with an entree and two sides.
- Food safety.
- Knife skills.
- Cooking methods and techniques.
- Proper meat, poultry and seafood handling.
- Exposure to a variety of fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits.
- Understand good food choices and how the foods we eat affect our bodies.
Meal Prepping & Planning Cooking Program
Two Class Program
Three-hour meal prepping and planning class. Learn quick easy methods to make healthy eating a permanent part of your life. Learn the basic knife skills, cooking methods and techniques. Every month we work with two menus learning five to six recipes each class. Each class has a new menu with five to six different recipes that come with recipes, shopping lists, prep lists and kitchen timeline.
- Two 3-hour cooking and prepping classes.
- Two Menus that include 5-6 recipes. A soup, a main dish, two sides, a snack, and a dessert.
- At the end of each class, everyone takes home a full meal for two.
- All food for recipes.
- Knife skills lessons and practice.
- Easy meal prepping plans that require only a little kitchen time per week.